Great news – following our Environmental Health inspection in July 2017, 360 was once again awarded a 5* Food Hygiene Rating!
What is the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme?
The Food Hygiene Rating Scheme (FHRS) helps you choose where to eat out or shop for food by telling you how seriously the business takes their food hygiene standards.
The scheme is run by local authorities in England, Northern Ireland & Wales & applies to restaurants, pubs, cafes, takeaways, hotels, supermarkets & other food shops.
Each business is given their hygiene rating when it is inspected by a food safety officer from the business’s local authority. The food safety officer inspecting the business checks how well the business is meeting the law by looking at:
* How hygienically the food is handled – how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled & stored
* The condition of the structure of the buildings – the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation & other facilities
* How the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe
At the end of the inspection, the business is given one of the six ratings from 0-5*. The top rating of 5* means that the business was found to have ‘very good’ hygiene standards.
How to check the rating of a food business?
Whether you’re eating out or ordering in, you can check the food hygiene rating of the food outlet by:
* Looking for the green and black sticker in the window
* Checking online at www.food.gov.uk/ratings
This post is also available in: Welsh